Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent and brands.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: Excel Sports Management is seeking an experienced sales executive to primarily sell sports talent. The role will focus on our basketball practice, and collaboratively sell across all Excel assets. This includes other talent in addition to basketball (primarily baseball, golf and football), properties (primarily professional sports teams and venues) and consulting services for brands.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Generates basketball talent endorsement sales, including prospecting, outreach, pitching and closing deals;
· Directly drives revenue for our complete roster of NBA players, including local, national and global deals, primarily in non-endemic categories;
· Owns and calls on an established set of key companies, media agencies, sports agencies and talent buyers, from which to cultivate ongoing business;
· Works in a highly collaborative manner with marketing managers, creative and communications to deliver on talent sales deals;
· Creatively packages and markets talent utilizing effective storytelling and a solutions-oriented approach for brands;
· Works in a highly collaborative manner with other staff as participates in a team-oriented selling environment, sharing leads, ideas and opportunities to generate revenue across ESM’s sales portfolio;
· Juggles and navigates the big and small - securing both the high-profile endorsements while also delivering trade agreements in local markets for key clients;
· Serves as a positive culture contributor within a fast-growing, high-paced and entrepreneurial environment;
· All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required;
· 5-7 years in similar sales roles, including direct experience selling talent;
· Established network of brand and agency buyers and brand decision-makers;
· Must have a proven track record in delivering 6 and 7- figure per annum, multi-year endorsement deals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must have a passion for both sports, particularly basketball and people;
· Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with peers and subordinates;
· Must have excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint or a similar platform;
· Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize effectively and exercise flexibility as needed;
· Results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values;
· Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships;
· Must be able to think creatively and innovatively.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.