IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST APPLY USING THE LINK BELOW:
Manager, Social Media
Department: Marketing & Communication
Supervisor: Director of Advertising and Digital Content Classification: Full Time/Exempt
This position is responsible for leveraging social media skills to drive campaign results both on and offline. This role will be tasked with thinking strategically and collaboratively in helping to shape the social media strategy for the Houston Astros brand.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Content and Creativity
• Collaborate with Director of Advertising and Digital Content to create strategy for each social media platform
• Actively manage Astros social media campaigns, to include baseball and business operations, alignment with our strategic marketing plan and support for our partnership applications, foundation and community efforts.
• Create and post regular updates to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube as well as other emerging social platforms.
• Proactively use social media applications, in addition to other video platforms, to create unique and engaging social media content.
• Develop social media programs and initiatives to engage the Astros fan base.
• Continually monitor and participate in real-time Twitter and Facebook conversations. Monitor accounts for questions and feedback, respond accordingly and escalate if necessary.
• Closely monitor and leverage viral trends to find the intersection between pop culture and baseball.
• Consistently bring fresh, practical ideas that drive sales and fan interest.
• Manage and mentor social media producers and content creators as assigned.
• Build on the Astros social media presence by further defining, explaining and creating social media strategy across the company, with our regional sports network and MLB to increase social media impact, reach, engagement and ROI.
• Align the digital and social media channels with the organization’s marketing strategy.
• Create and maintain daily and monthly editorial calendar for social media account activity.
• Stay up to date on new social media trends, platforms and analytics; continually look to improve existing methods and workflow.
• Identify and execute timely and effective social media advertising campaigns.
• Leverage influencer marketing across all social media platforms.
Reporting & Analytics
• Measure the impact of social media programs by analyzing and reviewing campaign effectiveness through use of social media monitoring tools.
• Work closely with Major League Baseball to evaluate the effectiveness of both specific social media campaigns and overall strategy.
Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Required Competencies & Skills:
• Journalism, communications, broadcast or marketing degree and/or background.
• 7+ years marketing experience, with a specific focus on sports social media.
• 3+ years of experience using social media in a professional capacity.
• Demonstrated experience maintaining a social media presence for a sports team or major brand (either directly or working in a client service capacity for a social media agency/PR firm).
• Strong research and analytical skills, with an ability to identify trends, draw valid conclusions, make insightful recommendations and identify opportunities to grow our business.
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to convert research data into insightful, actionable business strategies.
• Knowledge of best practices on all major social media platforms.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• High level professionalism and editorial judgment.
• Impeccable grammar and copywriting ability.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects and tight deadlines.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders internally and externally.
• Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred
• Photoshop experience is a plus
• Sample tweets will be required for consideration
• Nights and weekends as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
• College degree preferred and/or 3+ years of sponsorship/marketing or branding experience in fast paced, proactive and creative environment
• Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays. This role is required to work games.
Travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.